San Diego Summer Meet & Swapmeet
Peace Lutheran Church - Linda Vista
Saturday, August 11, 2018
9:00am - 5:00pm
Come join your friends in a day of model trains! Swapmeet, cookout, clinic, Show & Tell, model judging, door prizes and good company!
• Lunch will be a summer cookout starting at 11:30 (after the swapmeet) - hamburgers, hot dogs and all the fixings. Drinks and condiments provided. Cost - FREE! If you would like to bring something to share, deserts are preferred.
• The Swapmeet will begin setup at 8:30am in the meeting room, sales from 9:00am until 11:30am. Go through the closet/layout room/garage and pull out those modeling items you don’t really need and bring them to the swapmeet - might be just what that other person needs!
Admission FREE to members of the National Model Railroad Association.
All Others - Adults $2.00
Children 12 & under - Free
Seller Tables - $2.50 per half table (chairs provided)
• 2 Clinics on modeling and model railroad topics.
• Show and Tell - if you have a model or other model railroading item you would like to show to the members, please bring it. We’ll give you a chance to describe it, and show your skills!
• And finally, a brief meeting to update everyone on the Division, how the Convention is shaping up, some good socializing, and door prizes!
Directions: Take SR-163 to Genesee Avenue, and head west. Turn LEFT on Linda Vista Road, and go SOUTH on Linda Vista to Tait Street. Turn RIGHT - the church is a block down the street on the left. Parking is in the church parking lot just past the Parish Hall - watch for sign.
Alternate: Take I-8 to Morena Boulevard, to NORTH, and bear RIGHT onto Linda Vista Road. Follow Linda Vista up the hill to Tait Street and turn LEFT.