|Division Layout Tour
||Saturday, October 12, 2019
||Saturday, October 12, 2019
||0 Days 09 hours 00 minutes
||San Diego Division Layout Tour Event for October, 2019
Held in conjunction with the North County MRR Society swapmeet.
The Event & Date
NCMRS will conduct a Fall Train Show and Swap Meet on Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 8 A.M. to 12 noon. A wide assortment of new and used model railroad items will be on sale including locomotives, rolling stock, track, structures, and accessories; as well as railroadiana and railroad-related publications.
NCMRS’s big 1950s-era HO scale layout will be in operation, including a large expansion area that is operational as work on scenery and structures continues. The entire layout is operated by a state-of-the-art system in which operators control their trains using smartphones. Progress around the layout is guided by a sophisticated signal system and a series of local tablets that display track conditions and occupancy.
A special demonstration layout featuring LRV equipment and trolley cars operating from overhead wire will also be in operation.
Arnie’s Trains of Westminster will present a special clinic covering all aspects of DCC.
Five exceptional modelers will be displaying examples of their craftsmanship in our fall lineup of Celebrity Modelers. They include:
- John Burrow, a modeler of British prototypes will show several of his handcrafted brass locomotives built to UK 0 scale standard (1:43.5 or 7mm to the foot).
- Glen Furtado, an associate of the Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum will showcase several items. The collection at the Carlsbad museum is considered second only to the Smithsonian.
- Steve Harris, a world-class modeler and member of the Narrow Gauge Hall of Fame, has published more than 35 articles in Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette and Model Railroader magazines describing the construction of his HOn3 Rio Grande Southern Railroad. Several of Steve’s scratchbuilt structures will be on display.
- George Huckaby, past president of the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris, and nationally recognized traction expert will present an operating HO scale LRV and traction layout operating from an overhead wire at the NCMRS Train Show.
- Paul Lubliner, is a professional model maker best known in the model railroad community as the creator of the Highliner EMD F unit diesel locomotives. Athearn thought so highly of the model they purchased Paul’s F-unit tooling and used it to launch the firm’s Genesis premium line of HO models. In addition to railroad items, Paul will show samples of models he has built for movie and TV studios.
A wide range of exciting door prizes will be raffled off throughout the meet.
Hot dogs, soda, coffee, and ice drinks will be available for purchase, or you can bring your own refreshments and lunch. Picnic tables are available in peaceful Heritage Park.
All events including entrance, clinics, and parking are free.
Heritage Park is located at 220 Peyri Drive, Oceanside, CA 92058. From I-5 or I-15 take Highway 76 to Douglas, then north to the second signal to El Camino Real. Go east (right) on El Camino Real to the curve where it becomes Peyri Drive. Watch for the Special Event parking sign at the wood gate on your right. A map to Heritage Park is posted on the Club Website
Sellers Fee: Six-foot sales tables are $10.00 each.
Table sites (bring your own table) are $5.00 each.
Vendor setup begins at 7 A.M. Sales will be conducted from 8 A.M. to 11 A. M.
To reserve a table or a site contact Eddie Perez
We look forward to seeing you at Oceanside’s Heritage Park on October 12, 2019